23 Aug TOEFL Preparation Tips
To improve your TOEFL score, consider these recommendations:
- Practice more on skills that need improvement. The more you practice, the easier it gets.
- Use the Language Every Day Set aside time each day to communicate only in English. Listen, read and write in English every chance you get.
- Write and send e-mails, make notes for yourself and write down daily reminders, using new words and common expressions. This helps with sentence structure and vocabulary.
- Listen to music, online broadcasts, radio, television and movies in English. The more you listen, the more you will understand vocabulary and expressions. Music helps you acquire the rhythm and stress patterns of spoken English. Listen closely to the words.
- Reading is the best way to improve your vocabulary. English-language reading materials — newspapers, magazines, books and websites — are always available. Choose your favorites! Try some academic reading material to prepare for communicating in college in English.
- Keep a Journal. Write down things you are doing to prepare for college and other events in your daily life. This is a great way to organize your thoughts and practice writing in English. You can track your own progress. Read it to yourself and read it out loud
For more assistance, visit Supreme Tutor at: www.supremetutor.com
Ask us about our TOEFL Prep Guide.